Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tutorial: How to make a face cleansing oil

I make all my cosmetic products myself since last year so in this blog I will regularily share recipes with you. It's fun, all natural and you pay much less than you would in shops for a very often much better quality. And it's easy too!

Here's the first tutorial: I just love the face cleansing oils from Shu Uemura or Organics, so I decided to make one myself.
In my experience this cleansing oil is suitable for practically every skin type. If you have mixed or oily skin I'd recommend sticking with the grapeseed oil. If your skin is sensitive leave out the essential oils or perfume oils.
Also wonderful as shower oil for baby soft skin.

You'll need...















1. A jug to mix the ingredients in
2. A scale
3. Grapeseed Oil (alternatively Jojoba, almond, peach, apricot or sesame oil)
4. Plantapon (you can get it here Soapkitchen) or Base Moussante Douceur (you can buy this here Aromazone) (You can take other surfacants, but make sure they can be used for hair and body and contain approx. 30% active ingredients)
5. Perfume oil or essentiel oils of you choice (I picked Ylang Ylang and Tangerine)
6. An empty bottle to fill in the finished product

First step


Turn the scale on, place the jug in the middle, pour 150 gr of the grapeseed oil into the jug.










Second step


Add 34 gr of the surfacant (Plantapon or the Moussante)










Optional step
I always add 5 gr of Cranberry seed oil (Vitamin E) and 5 gr Glycerine (hydration) to the mixture, but the cleansing oil is also fine without it.











Third step
Add approx 10 drops of perfume oil or essential oil - my all time favorite is 8 drops of tangerine and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang. I've got the impression that the smell intensifies over the day, so start with small amounts of essential oils. You can always add more later.








Fourth and last step
Pour the mixture into the empty bottle and close it - done!!!
The oil tends to separate itself from the rest in the bottle, but a bit of shaking suffices to mix it in with the rest again.








How to use: Squeeze a small amount on your wet hands, then wash you face using your hands. Repeat once. All clean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment